In a message dated 7/1/06 10:44:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED].. wrote:
<snip>
And for those that believe Osama is
> playing Bush and the republicans like a flute, watch for him to do
> something to try to influence the election like he did a couple of
> weeks before the last one.

You appear to be acknowledging that bin Laden's tape
before the 2004 election was intended to influence
folks to vote for Bush.

Good for you. At the time, the right wing generally
went around proclaiming that bin Laden wanted folks
to vote for Kerry, in an attempt to get people to vote
for Bush.

Bin Laden knew precisely what he was doing.

I'm not prepared to say Osama was wanting Bush elected. However Osama was trying to divide and conquer. I seem to remember him saying something about any state or city that didn't support Bush would be spared attacks by Al Qaeda. This sounded like an attempt to get people to vote against Bush for their own safety and whether it backfired or not and whether he intended it to "backfire" is debatable. I think most people saw his tape as being laughable and an attempt to influence the election and left it at that. I don't think it changed anybody's minds of how they would vote.