> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > "He's really not a journalist."
> > >
> > > Andrew A. Skolnick is a nationally renowned science journalist
> > > and photographer who has won numerous national awards and
> > > honors for his reporting in biology, medicine, and human
> > > rights. Among those honors are Amnesty International USA's
> > > Spotlight on Media Award; World Hunger Year's Harry Chapin
> > > Award for Impact on Hunger and Poverty; the John P. McGovern
> > > Medal from the American Medical Writers Association; and a
> > > Rosalynn Carter Fellowship for Mental Health Journalism. For
> > > nearly a decade, he served as an associate news editor for the
> > > Journal of the American Medical Association. His articles and
> > > photographs have been published in Smithsonian, Natural
> > > History, Ranger Rick Nature Magazine, National Geographic
> > > World, The New York Times, Encyclopaedia Britannica, and many
> > > other publications.
> >
> > You forgot to provide the source for this encomium--
> >
> > http://www.aaskolnick.com/information.htm
> >
> > --Andrew's own Web site.
>
> Do you doubt the info he provides?

No, it would be too easy for someone to check up
on him.

However, an independently written bio might include
some facts he has chosen to leave out; and it might
or might not characterize him as "nationally
renowned."

When someone has written their own bio, it's
potentially misleading not to indicate this
when you quote it.

> I don't. As long as he stays
> away from new age/meditation/yoga/mysticism/etc, I'm confident he's
> a fine journalist.

I'm not.  I think if he had decided somebody or
something he was investigating were Bad, he would
be just as uninhibited about loading his case
unfairly and misleadingly as he is about doing so
with New Age-type stuff.