On Jul 2, 2006, at 8:00 PM, authfriend wrote:

On Jul 2, 2006, at 6:34 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

<snip>

At the start of my 6-month course, Maharishi said, "I have 6

months to turn you into yogis." He had us doing lots of asanas,

taking cold baths, fasting, sitting in meditation without back

support (which he strongly recommended), etc. The impression he

gave was, OK, enough of this slouchy softy business. Time to get

serious.  Another thing he said was, "it's a race to see who can

purify the fastest."

Perhaps without the direct influence of a teacher these key

instructions have fallen by the wayside.

Exactly how many of the meditators pictured slumping

on Willytex's Web site had attended Rick's six-month

course at which these "key instructions" were given?

Exactly my point: probably ZERO, thus "key instructions have fallen by the wayside".