In a message dated 7/13/06 8:30:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- MDixon6569 wrote:

> I wonder if Poland ever thought war was necessary.

The "no appeasement" camp always cites Hitler and
1939 as the reason why we shouldn't appease aggressive
dictators, but that school of thought neglects the true
cause of World War II, which was World War I. And the
lesson of World War I was, appeasement would have
served Europe's purposes better than that war.

Yes, and appeasement served Tibet well. Has appeasement served Israel at all?