> > In a message dated 7/13/06 10:50:43 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >>
> >> But to  your point, I have personally seen Maharishi
> >> lie his socks off to someone  (Charlie Lutes) for
> >> the very reason you mention, to give the  impression
> >> that someone else had done what he himself had done
> >> (kept  Charlie waiting in a hotel hallway for a long
> >> time, which pissed Charlie  off so much that he
> >> threw a tantrum and stormed out of the  hotel).
> >
> > LOL, didn't Charlie say something to M like "Maharishi, an
> > hour and a half? I wouldn't wait an hour and a half for
> > Jesus  Christ!"
>
> Yup, almost word for word. I was the "door guy" at
> the hotel room door that night. I told the folks
> inside that Charlie was there, and watched them
> tell Maharishi. Charlie waited for an hour or so,
> and then stormed off, shouting those words. Later,
> because I was the door guy, I was the one who
> Maharishi told Charlie was to blame for keeping
> him out: "They never told me." They told him.
>
> It was just a game, and I got caught in the middle
> of it. Shit happens.

Well, to go one step further, I will get Freudian here, so please
forgive me:
Suppose Maharishi, really hates the British, a lot. This is obvious,
by his recent comments and actions, against the Brits.
This I am sure goes back the childhood, when the British owned and
ruled India, cause Gandhi, to be the Martin Luther King of the Indian
people, to throw off the British rule;
So, it is obvious that any Indian person would have a love/hate
relatinship with the British:
Love because of the language and the orderliness of the Brits.
And hate of being treated like second class citizens and being ruled
by a foriegn force.
So, maybe somehow Bevan with his size, and his accent gives
Maharishi, the feeling somehow, on some level, that now he rules the
Brits, and the symbol of the ruling is in his perfect speaking large
form, long winded Bevan, the Prime Minister(English term) of
Maharishi Land;
And to get really Fruedian:
Suppose Maharishi's repressed sexual desires; and various accounts of
stifled attempt in expressing his enormous love and senuality to a
woman;
Well so, in this way the stifled sexualiy is expressed perfectly in
Bevan: as the frustrated baffoon, of the movement, who helps to keep
the illusion going, for Mahesh, that he's doing a good job.
Like Bush in a way:
Telling Rummy, 'Great job, Rummy;
or like:
So, in a way, perhaps was so pissed with King George II(President
Bush),
That he saw his own dark side of in him in some way...