> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

Journal
> > of
> > researchers

> > result.
> > >
> > > Where have we heard this before? Ironically Andrew's been
posting
> > extensive stuff about
> > > his JAMA expose in the Transcendental Meditation article under
the
> > guise of fair and
> > > balanced. Wiki procedures don't reallly have any way of
addressing
> > this kind of thing, I
> > > think, without escalating the matter to the highest levels,
which
> > is a tad silly (both the
> > > requirement and actually doing somethige like that in this
case).

> > I was thinking that you might sneak in a mention
> > of it in one of your back-and-forths with him
> > about his JAMA expose, just to tweak his nose a
> > little.
> >
> > It really is ironic.  *Now* JAMA is tightening its
> > policies...  And these were actual *studies*, not
> > puff pieces that mention a few studies in passing.
> >

> I did already. I quoted his selective quoting of Chopra's book
along with Jim Lippard's
> respose "belongs in publication from Institute for Creation
Research." He's gracefully
> ignored it thus far...

Um, well, I meant mention the events described
in the AP article and ask whether one of JAMA's
news editors is writing a lengthy expose of the
researchers and their institutions, and whether,
when it's published, there will be a full-dress
press conference, whether Andrew believes JAMA
and the editor will get awards for the hit piece,
etc., etc., etc.

Then you might ask him why he thinks JAMA is *still*
being bamboozled by researchers not revealing their
financial connections after its terrible experience
with Chopra & Co. showed it didn't do a good enough
job of checking...

And so on.  There are lots of angles to it.