--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I once practiced the original, non-VooDoo TM, that is, until the
> movement started to make claims of levitation, invisibility, etc.
> At that moment, I began to question what I was involved with, and
> for the first time, think critically about it. I retreated as
> hastily as I could.

What exactly was your involvement, other than
practicing the TM technique?  Did you benefit
from the practice?

> In the decades since then, the TMO has paraded out wealthy rajas in
> gold crowns, advanced astrology as legitimate science, charged huge
> bucks for pandits to chant yagyas to "avert the danger that has not
> come," dictated that home and office must have east or north
> entrances, claims of lowering crime rates,and much more hoo-hah,
> while all the time claiming that practioners are "flying."

Just for the record, since about 1984, the TMO has
been quite clear that actual flying has not yet been
achieved, and that all practitioners are doing is
hopping.

Also for the record, many of us who practice the
TM-Sidhis techniques, including Yogic Flying, do so
because we benefit from the practice in our daily
lives, not because we're hoping to be able to perform
supernormal feats.