I agree with most of what you wrote.  But we do use different evidence
systems in different areas of life.  Your love example is a good one.
 Believing in love with no evidence causes relationship problems,
doesn't it?  We may use different evidence for the existence of love,
but we do pay attention to its evidence, or lack of it.  At least we
do the second or third time around!