<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Or perhaps you're chiding me for being so rude as
> to call your integrity into question."
>
> Yes that is it.  You have made this move once too often with too
> many people Judy.  It is so unnecessary.  I have done the best I can
> answering your points.  I have said my piece. I remember when you
> were so offended that numerous posters called you out on this very
> tactic.  You went completely ballistic and didn't take any of the
> good advise offered to you about how to conduct a civil
> discussion.

You're damn right I did, if the "good advise" was to
keep quiet about the dishonesty of certain people on
this forum.  I sincerely hope I'll continue to resist
"good advise" to that effect to my dying breath.

> You fought off everyone trying to help you.

"Trying to help" me tolerate dishonesty??

You have it exactly backward.  I'm trying to help
others see that dishonesty is intolerable, ESPECIALLY
on a so-called spiritual forum.

I can understand why people who are dishonest would
want me to tolerate it; it's no surprise you're touting
that "advise" as helpful.  I DO not understand why
honest people--which is most of the people on this
forum, thankfully--tolerate it in a few bad apples.

> Some posts, like Rick's were so eloquent and kind
> to you trying to get you to see this point.

Don't get me started on Rick's disgusting moral cowardice
in that discussion.  Or your silence, for that matter,
when you were well aware of the lies being told on your
behalf and did nothing to correct them.

> You are painting yourself into a corner Judy.  Rather than treat me
> unkindly you should appreciate that I take the time to answer your
> detailed points and not turn it into a personal bashing session.

I should be grateful that you remain *polite* when
you're being dishonest?

> We
> are discussing these points on your home team Judy.  More people on
> this group probably agree with your optimism concerning flying and
> some say they have had experiences of it.

What does that have to do with your dishonesty in
discussing what point of view one should hold on it?

> This is your most
> sympathetic forum to discuss this topic.  Of the people who disagree
> with me, most ignore me and some find areas where we do agree or can
> hold a simple exchange of ideas without getting all bent out of
> shape.

If one party is consistently dishonest, it isn't a
simple exchange of ideas.

This exchange started when you asked, "How could
otherwise bright people believe something so patently
absurd?"

You went on to refer to "crazy" and "irrational"
beliefs and compared those who believe flying is
possible to those who believe they're entitled to
murder others who encroach on what they think is
their God-given land.

Do you really think all that was *polite*, Curtis?  Was
that the basis for a "simple exchange of ideas"?  You
should have been grateful to me for not taking your
head off right at the start.

The liberal blogs have an acronym, "IOKIYAR."  It
stands for "It's OK if you're a Republican," referring
to the hypocrisy of criticizing Democrats for doing
something Republicans do all the time without a second
thought.

Apparently we need one here, "IOKIYAAT," "It's OK if
you're an anti-TMer."  Anti-TMers get to be dishonest
and use the nastiest sort of ad hominem against TMers,
but God forbid a TMer should be so impolite as to call
an anti-TMer on his tactics; the anti-TMers rise up in
the most blatantly hypocritical wrath.

>  How many times does a poster have to remind you that personal
> attacks are not necessary to make your point?

How many times do I have to point out that if you
*have* a point, you shouldn't need to use dishonesty
to make it?

And if you do use dishonesty, you should expect to be
called on it.

> You should have learned not to
> throw sand while playing in the sandbox in kindergarten Judy.

I never did that.  My mother had to teach me to
stand up for myself when some other kid did it to me--
not by throwing sand back but by telling them it was
unacceptable.