> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> <marwincornyarmand@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"

> > > You *do* realize that Paul's response was a complete
> > > non sequitur to what I said, right, Ingegerd?
> >
> > No, I do not realise that.
>
> Well, perhaps you should read it again.
>
>  You think you are right from your stand
> > of view - I think I am right from my experiences - Paul has come
up
> > some quotes of MMY to clarify. And here we are.
>
> Right, with the issue still unclarified.
>
> I've made a reasoned case for my interpretation.
> You haven't addressed it at all, and all Paul has
> produced is a bunch of fulminating non sequiturs.
>
> *That's* where we are.  You believe what you want to
> believe because you want to believe it, I believe what
> I believe on the basis of reason and logic.

It is good to analyse and use reason and logic - and we can probably
do that. But in the TM-world - it was not much analysing and logic
thinking when it came to TM og Deep meditation (which was the first
name MMY came up with). MMY was an excellent seller of TM - and one
of his sales-techniques was maybe, that Deep Meditation came
directly from the Holy Tradition - and given to MMY from Guru Dev.
The big interest in the early days was related to that - an old
meditation method - given out in the original way - and that is what
all TM-Teachers say when they teach. I learned the technique from
MMY - he learned it from Guru Dev - which again learned it from his
Master and so on and so on. I am not sure that if MMY had come to
the West saying that - this is a meditation method that I have
developed - that he would have had the same success from the
beginning. We were somehow brainwashed from the start - to think in
a certain direction. I feel I can say that - because I learned Deep
meditation in 1962 and has been deep in the TMO in almost all these
years.
I still think he fooled us.
Ingegerd