I enjoyed the experience of flying for the ten years I did it, and TM
for 15 years.  Once I shifted my view of its value, I never desired
the experience again.  I think the experience's value is not as
"self-evident" as some claim.  Maybe the belief system has to support
it. Otherwise it just seems odd, and not an experience I would seek
out these days.  As far as it benefit, that I no longer buy.  I think
it is sort of a mini epileptic fit.  Not too dangerous probably, but
not the greatest experience ever.   I don't see people who have kept
it up as special in any way I can detect.  By now it really should
have produced more of the claimed benefits in people practicing so
long.  In the old days we would joke that without TM a person might be
even worse!  That claim is getting hollower and hollower each decade.

As far as transcending goes, I think that experience is also very
overrated as a valuable experience.  Relaxation seems necessary in my
life in much smaller doses now that I don't do a program.  The biggest
wellbeing booster for me is exercise.  That experience seems to give
me all the mental clarity I was seeking with TM with the added benefit
of giving me much more energy.  All that eyes closed time of the
program seems to sap people's energy despite the claims.  I don't hang
out with anyone who needs a nap in the afternoon. (anyone with kids
excluded!) It is just something that people get used to I think. It
took me a few days to get over the need for program, then I just never
considered the need for more rest after sleeping, or in the afternoon.
 There are too many activities that give me joy and help me grow.  I
have become the busy businessman of the checking notes and wouldn't
have it any other way!

I always knew that most people drop TM after practicing it.  At the DC
center we got a big wake-up call when we tried to contact the 10,000
people who had been initiated at the center.  I don't remember the
numbers but it shocked us at the time.  How could so many people drop
the practice if transcending was all that?  Posting on this group has
made me wonder how many people keep up with the sidhi program.  Even
that level of interaction doesn't seem to be self-evidently positive
enough to keep people doing it.

So we are all left with our personal choices.  People on this group
are pretty entertaining.  Most of the people I seem to get along with
 best have moved on from TM.  The TM link is just a common bond so we
can goof on the movement a little and remember how into we were.  For
the people who have continued to enjoy the practice, please don't take
my words of my experience as insulting to your own.  I know how
limited my view of what you may need in your life is.  If you enjoy
flying, I'm glad you found something in this world to enjoy.  I hope
you can see beyond the fact that I have left it behind.

TM was an amazing ride, and although in a perfect world, I might not
want to have hung with it so long, I value my experiences from my
past.  I am not a spiritual person so my analysis has no bearing on
people who continue on a path of self or God realization.  That is a
goal that I understand and respect, but I know it is not for me.

Thanks for asking a question that helped me reflect on this.  I would
like to hear your experiences if you wouldn't mind sharing them.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>