On Jul 26, 2006, at 5:52 PM, sparaig wrote:

<curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

You know what they say about doing the same thing and expecting

different results as the definition for insanity? At this stage

it is my own disorder I am concerned with!  The cautionary tale

of the frog and the scorpion is one of my favorites and I

appreciate your reminding me of it.  My dad fought on Quam in

WWII, so I have the stories of the hell that it became.

I think it's a very *appropriate* cautionary tale. Many

people came to Guam (Fairfield Life) because they thought

it would be a "safe place" where they could actually express

their ambivalent feelings about TM and Maharishi and the

TMO. They'd suffered for years in an environment where

expressing doubts, much less conclusions that were Off

The Program were met first with stony silence, then with

censure, and finally with being shown to the door.

So they came here, to FFL, and they read the opening page,

which states very clearly that this is a place that BY

DEFINITION is an environment in which it is permitted

to question everything we've been told to believe. And

it *was* that kind of environment for a long time. And

then I had to fuck it up by mentioning it on a.m.t., and

presto -- like magic -- the person who almost single-

handedly turned that newsgroup into a War Zone comes

zooming over to Fairfield Life and starts trying to do

the same thing here.

awww., Judgy has managed to turn a free speech zone into a war zone by exercizing her

right to free speech?

All hail the all-powerful Judy Stein!