--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you look at an actual chart,

I am not sure why you feel the need for snideness. The link I refer to
has a number charts I created. Perhaps you should look at the link.

And this particular post to which you are responding refers to about
10 potential TMO impacts from 1967 to present. So your, your reponse
to this post is um, "incoherent". :)

Thus I assume you are actually commenting about prior posts, on
another thread, refering to this last week being the largest gain in
two years, 3%.

Sure this last weeks gains are in the upper part of a trading range
since June. My charts, if you would look, were constructed to identify
long-run trendlines going back to 2003 and to see if the current
course has an impact outside the index's long-run trend.

If it breaks out of its two month trading range this next week it will
be as interesting as this week 2-year largest gain.

And beyond that, as I say on the blog that has the charts,

"With a 5% additional rise in the next several weeks would, the index
would cross its long run (statistical) regression-based trendline,
that is, its movement would be indicative of a normal correction
towards equillibrium.

With a 20% additional rise of the index over the next 10 weeks or so,
the index would exceed its upper 1 standard deviation bound -- the
general boundary for deviations of the index from its long-run trend
line. This would be indicative of a possible SIGNIFICANT effect from
the course, and not simply the index following its long run trend,
with normal deviations.

If the 20% + rise increase over the next 6-10 weeks did occur,
breaking its normal deviation from its long run trend, and assuming
the course continues that long, and if after the end of course the
index declined back below its long-run statistical trendline, it would
be noteworthy."