> on 8/4/06 11:28 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>

> > Plus which, the question he was responding to was
> > whether he had a family and kids, not whether he
> > ever had sex.
> >
> Larry asked whether he had kids. His answer was, ³no, I¹m a monk.²
> That implies that he doesn¹t have kids because monks don¹t have sex
> and therefore don¹t have kids.

That's what you *inferred*.

Obviously King wanted to know whether MMY was celibate,
and equally obviously, MMY didn't want to say.  He
knows the term "celibate."  If he hadn't wanted his
response to be noncommittal, he would have used it.

(And King respected that.  He knows the term "celibate"
too.)