Comment below:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

**SNIP**

> > There's a continuum here: Don't be celibate --> be
> > celibate if it's comfortable --> be celibate at all
> > costs.
> >
> > I haven't heard or seen anything yet to suggest MMY
> > wasn't pretty much in the middle of that continuum.
>
> Yes. I am not surprised that you have not seen or heard anything
about
> this. You were not on any ATRS or TTCs or Six-month courses
(mandated
> cold showers). You got the public message from teachers, many whom
> perhaps were not too enthralled with the celibacy idea. As above,
for
> the public / field "M is a monk, and doesn't have a recommendation
or
> teaching for mediators or public on this."
>
> He did have a message for teachers, and more so for full-time
teachers
> on regular ATRs, -- though sometimes those with foggy minds did not
> hear it well. And its not to say that many teachers took his advice.

**END**

At the Humboldt 1-month course in '71, after Maharishi had been
talking up the possibility of a 6-month TTC, someone asked about sex
and celibacy and, if I remember correctly, masturbation, too.
Maharishi answered that if one could be strong for 6 months then they
would enjoy for the rest of life.  He also told the guy to get a
haircut, too.  (Actually he made some mention about how "we don't
look like hippies with the long hairs.")

And, as has been pointed out by a number of folks who had more time
with Maharishi on TTCs, ATRs, assorted long courses, and Purusha,
etc., he was unambiguous about celibacy.  If you understood that
Maharishi wanted you to do asanas and pranayama before each
meditation when you were rounding then you also understood that you
should be celibate.  Equal emphasis.