On Aug 4, 2006, at 3:15 PM, new.morning wrote:

Hmmm. Thanks. Yep that's it, except the people I talked to learned it

in Switzerland. They weren't diapers, they were of course, dhotis.

dhotis? thats quite something else -- overall body wrap. The

"underwear" were loincloths -- at least in my "hood" in Suisse. Though

not a formal part of my six-month coures, some were advocates and

conneseurs of fine loin cloths -- and gave pertinent details to those

interested. And there was the guy selling deerskins -- and radraksha.

Sattynad had an interesting comment on deerskins.

<on edge of seat> which was... :-)

Yeah in mantra shastra there are also different "asanas" (meaning "seats" in this context) to attain different siddhis. I forget what deerskin does, but my guess would be related to deer, hearing and silence: typical yogic attributes of deer. They notice the slightest sound and are therefore connected to fine hearing and silence. Mastery of mantra?