> on 8/5/06 2:59 AM, cardemaister at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >  http://www.whatfilms.com/vbw/index2.php
>
> Pretty cool. Very professionally put together. I wonder who did
it? Now if
> only they could get rid of all the insane stuff which scares
people away
> once they scratch beneath the surface, this could take off. The
problem as I
> see it is that those running the movement have no choice but to
adhere to
> the following logic:
>
> 1. Maharishi is enlightened.
> 2. Therefore, everything he thinks and says expresses the truth,
even though
> I and the world at large may not understand it.
> 3. Therefore, I should stay in tune with his thinking (as I am
told to do).
> 4. Therefore, on the one hand, I¹ll present the scientifically
proven
> benefits of TM and hope that the people I¹m presenting them to
don¹t find
> out about Rajas, Majesties, World¹s Tallest Buildings, Damn
Democracy,
> Praise Robert Mugabe, destroy and rebuild the world¹s cities,
etc., until
> they are as ³sold out² as I am.
>
> Hopefully, after Maharishi dies, people will be able to break away
from this
> ³logic² and make the TMO as sensible on every level as it appears
in movies
> like this. Don¹t hold your breath.

I agree that Maharishi is enlightened, however about five years
after I started TM I read his commentary on the BG, chaps. 1-6 and
his SBAL books, and in there he clearly says directly that in order
to gain enlightenment most efficiently for ourselves we should do
*our* own dharma, although someone else's may seem very attractive.

BG, Chapter 3, v.35-
"Because one can perform it, one's own dharma, (though) lesser in
merit, is better than the dharma of another. Better is death in
one's own dharma: the dharma of another brings great danger."

I remember when I thought I wanted to become a TM teacher and being
faced with the question of being myself and accepting the process
[of TTC] through who I knew myself to be, and it didn't fit. Same
with many of the things Maharishi has brought out. I learned to
understand his thinking by listening to hundreds of hours of his
tapes, and the way he arranges the sequence of his thoughts vs.
cherry picking the things he says for their possible cognitive
dissonance.

By both always remembering who I am and where I am in terms of what
I am working towards, and by not selling out to the specifics of
everything that comes from the TMO, I am able to recognize
Maharishi's enlightenment, while living my own life as I see fit. My
life, my Dharma.