--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Shemp:
> "So, yeah, I agree with many of your complaints about the TMO and MMY
> but in the interests of balance and fairness, you willingly went
> into that lifestyle that was the opposite of the TM Program. You
> can't now turn around and claim shock and awe for all the horrible
> things that the Movement turned out to be."
>
> Me:
> I don't think MMY's instructions to his teachers and fulltime people
> can be characterized as the opposite of the TM program just because it
> is initially presented in another manor  meant to be effective
> marketing to the general public.  The first presentation of TM is not
> the only official way it is presented depending on what level of the
> organization you are on.  For example, I was tested on TTC on my
> feelings as I sang the puja.  Quizzed intensely about what feelings I
> had as I sang certain words in Sanskrit.  This is obviously a long way
> from the innocent practice of TM as presented in the intro lecture,
> but it was every bit as legitimate a part of MMY's program.
>
> As you got closer and closer to MMY's inner circle the beliefs were
> presented as being purer without the need to interface with a
> skeptical public with marketing spin.  The inner circle around MMY
> ,with his absolute unquestioned authority, was set up exactly as he
> wished.  I think you are making an artificial distinction between MMY
> and TMO which he micromanages into what he desires, including the
> beliefs of his closest members.

The guys buying the hamburger can do pretty much what they want. The guys
making the
hamburger are supposed to wash their hands in the bathroom before returning to
the grill.
The highest-level executives of McDonald's likely have far more stringent
behavioral
requirements...

The TMO may not be all that extreme compared to some mainstream organizations...