> On Aug 12, 2006, at 7:12 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> >> I don't get Lawson's messages.
> >
> > The more fool you.
>
> Yeah, I feel really deprived.

You have no idea.

> >> See the quotes from about 300,000
> >> articles posted saying that the policy is alive and well.
> >
> > Yes, yes.  Nobody's arguing that it isn't.
> >
> >> Since much of China is urban, that's a pretty big "only."
> >
> > It isn't even just urban vs. rural.
> >
> > Here's what Lawson quoted:
> >
> > http://www.china.org.cn/english/2002/Oct/46138.htm
>
> So?

"So"???

> The quote says what I've been saying: that the policy is alive
> and well, with certain exceptions.

It says there's a *lot* of exceptions, actually.
Turns out to be nowhere near as draconian as we
had been imagining.

> Lawson's comments gave the
> impression the policy was being abandoned.

I thought you didn't get his posts.

Or do you only get the ones you can
contradict?

In any case, you seem not to have received
either of the two posts in which he acknowledged
he had been mistaken about the policy being
abandoned.

One good reason not to killfile people, BTW.
You can end up with a lot of egg on your face.