> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@>

> > specify that it is
> > it wants as

> > needed
> > road,
> > disappear and the
> > > >

> > > How many times did he do this? And if he really wanted it
fixed,
> > why didn't he pay the
> > > contractors directly?
> >

> > Because he wouldn't have been able to get the charitable tax
> > deduction for it.
> >

> Not so sure about that.

I am.

You have to be an official charity in order to get a tax deduction
for money you give to that charity.  Unless Ed Beckley's company was
an official charity (it wasn't, it was his own for-profit business),
it wouldn't be able to do work that was deductible.

> > And he wouldn't have been able to pay for it himself and use it
as a
> > deduction for his own business because that would have been
fraud.

> Depends on when and how it was done. While consultants can no
longer deduct their full
> fee, I believe that service organizations can deduct a lot more
when doing work for non-
> profits.

...then ear-marking for the work to be done by MIU would have
allowed him to deduct 100% of what he gave.