> I wished someone had asked Gonzales why, if the
> executive branch found FISA to be inadequate in
> combating terrorism, they did not address this problem
> to the legislative branch and seek modifications to
> FISA or a wholey new court adequate to address these
> needs?

Heehee.  They did ask.  He said:  Well, we talked to
some members of Congress, and they said it would be
difficult, if not impossible, to get that additional
authority.  (I didn't put quotes around that because
I'm not positive it's a direct quote rather than a
paraphrase, but I read about it at the time, and that
certainly was the sense of what he said.)