> In a message dated 8/20/06 9:56:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> The  problem is that the FISA issue is too complicated for the
average
> American  and most of those polled probably really didn't
understand the
> issue. That  65% might have a different opinion if brought up to
speed
> on FISA. The  Bushists did the same thing playing up the Social
> Security issue knowing  that it could be easily obfuscated because
of its
> complexity and they  might be able to snow the average American.
They
> weren't  successful.
>

> And don't you think the Democratic party would have tweaked that
poll by  the
> Washington Post by emphasizing warrantless wiretaps in another poll
after
> May 11, if they thought they could have moved  those numbers
against  Bush? Of
> course they would!

Oh, wonderful.  Now he's trying to prove the public
approves of warrantless wiretapping because there's
been no poll since the Washington Post poll saying
they don't.

Oh, and the Democratic Party doesn't "tweak" poll
numbers done by news organizations.

 They haven't touched it yet because they are  afraid to or