<snip>
> I think more importantly a large percentage of people probably
> don't  trust judges in general with their personal safety
> especially when it comes to matters of national security.

Latest CNN poll:

Most Americans (54 percent) don't consider [Bush] honest,
most (54 percent) don't think he shares their values and
most (58 percent) say he does not inspire confidence.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/images/08/21/rel20b.pdf

Gosh, but according to MDixon, 65 percent of
Americans approve of warrantless wiretapping
authorized by someone they don't trust or
consider honest and indeed prefer it to
wiretapping with oversight by judges.

Very strange world MDixon lives in.