Sweet...glad to hear from you LB, and your objective assessment.

I can't be bothered with going to Iowa again, but I feel maybe
something even from here in Vermont (which is heaven on earth
anyway, even at the worst of times).

OffWorld

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Friends at FFLife,
>
> It's been awhile since I've had time or inclination to check in,
but I thought it might be
> useful to relate my experiences applying for the current
superradiance course in progress
> here.
>
> I was officially informed on Sunday that I am not considered
eligible at this time to
> participate, after nearly a month of having my application "in
process".

> I am satisfied that my case was given as fair and favorable a
review as possible under the
> circumstances, and with the exception of one or two moderately
bumpy exchanges, I can
> assure you that my interactions with the course office were
cordial and respectful on both
> sides. The point I am making here is: Yes, things are a bit
different.

> I had not intended to apply for this course, inasmuch as I didn't
see much chance that I
> would be accepted. However, the daily barrage of encouragement
from my many friends
> who were absolutely convinced that I WOULD be accepted took its
toll; I figured that in the
> worst case scenario, I would be able to show them that I was right
and they were wrong.
> And we all know how sweet it is to be right.
>
> During the process, I would have to admit, I was won over. Not so
much by the process
> itself, but by the glowing reports I have been hearing from
countless friends who have
> been participating.
>
> I offer a few observations and conclusions:
>
> Something special is definitely going on here. Not just the
obvious—What? A FREE COURSE
> from the movement?!?—but also in the experiences people are having
and in the
> interactions with Maharishi. Considering how the prospects for the
Movemen's future were
> looking a year ago, it strikes me as nothing short of miraculous.
>
> Furthermore, this could be a one-of-a-kind. There will be crises
in the future, to be sure,
> but whether this opportunity will be available is not a given. I
don't know anyone who
> really expected Maharishi to be interacting so freely with course
participants EVER again.

> Although I have not been participating in the group programs, I
definitely feel the surge of
> wakefulness that has arrived with this course, and am feeling its
benefits.

> I found the process of applying to be useful in terms of letting
go of old garbage—hard
> feelings, etc. I have no regrets about that. For the record, I do
not feel that I compromised
> any of my own ethical principles in this process, nor did I
grovel. Nor do I believe that by
> groveling I could have changed the ultimate result of my
application.

> I even had some unexpectedly positive interactions with Dr
Hagelin, and was sincerely