--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> What your MD/Phd doesn't realise is that most Alzhiemers is largely
> caused by eating red meat as well as unhealthy food, to which most
> people he examines have been exposed for decades.

Why i don't disagree with you with my deeper sense of things, and my
life style -- I am a vegan (for the most part) -- where is the
peer-reviewed research on red meat and alzheimers?

By the way, my mom, was inspired by my vegan ways, and often did so --
vegan -- herself. Though too, she ate fish and chicken at times. And
lots of fresh vegs and fruits. On special occaisions she had red meat.
Maybe 6-10 times a year.

> Also, cleansing of the body through PK, asanas, exercise, etc. will
> greatly reduce the risk of Alzhiemers I am sure.

Until 80 or so, she rode her bike 25 miles a day. And bicycled through
Europe in her late 70's And walked her most lovely dogs 2-3 miles a
day through age 83 or so. Swam 30-50 laps in her pool daily. Was on a
regional tennis team through her late 70's. She skied frequently in
Colorado and Sierras,  canoed, back-packed, sailed, was quite
physically active and in good shape.

And in her "spare time" ran a company she founded in the 60's of 500+
health professionals.

She meditated regularly -- which she began in the 60's. Probably
before you. She did asanas at times. She had other stretching
exercises she did more regularly.

I am glad you are sure of your convictions. Where is your
peer-reviewed research?

>Most doctors are in
> the dark about these things. Old school. 20th century.

And you are in 21st century? With what research? cites please. Or is
it all your mere speculation and imagination?