> On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:29 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > It's probably not a very *good* database, but they've
> > had a database ever since I learned TM in '75,
> > certainly.  How do you think National was able to
> > send out all those mailings?
>
> I never got any mailings.

You must never have gotten on the database.  I used
to get a mailing every week or so, for years, from
National.  And I got mailings from the Manhattan
Center and other nearby centers (New Haven, Asbury
Park, etc.) for many years after that.

  And around 1975 sounds about right for
> their "database."

You said you'd "be amazed if they had records going
back a few years, much less when someone learned TM."

I'll color you amazed.

> >> It's simply intimidation, like I said.
> >
> > And you *still* haven't come up with the threat
> > that you imagine they're intimidating you *with*!
>
> Sigh.  As I already said, a power trip. And no, I don't know WHY
> they would want to do that.

Can't have intimidation without a threat, Sal, sorry.

> But that and all the other idiocy that went on
> is the main reason most of us are no longer involved.

Yeah.  My point is that that "reason," at least, is
purely imaginary.

They ask for the SS# because they've *always* asked
for the SS# (at least since 1975)--just as everybody
else did--and nobody at the TMO has had the brains to
realize it's no longer a good idea or the initiative
to actually institute a new policy.

That's all there is to it.