(snip)
"Are you suggesting that the largest new age organization of the 70's
wasn't a target of the
> most fanatical evangelical Christian president we'd ever had?"

I know someone who worked for the Carter campaign, and he said that he
felt that Jimmie, was a really spiritual guy. I always felt he was and
is.
I was at his library in Plains, Georgia, and it was built in the old
school house where he went to high school;
The whole thing is dedicated to one of his teachers- a woman, whom he
says really inspired him.
It felt very peaceful there...
Also, Carter was a peacemaker, during his Presidency and after.
I think they are blaming him now, for letting Kohmaini take over Iran,
back then; and the whole hostage thing; and the whole thing that put
Reagan in the WH.
Hell, Carter, was even going to leagalize marijuana...can you imagine?
R.G.