In a message dated 8/24/06 6:34:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The purchases come at a time when Iran is refusing to bow to
growing
> Western demands to halt its nuclear program, and after Iranian
> President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel to be "wiped
off
> the map."
>
> The new submarines, built at a cost of $1.3 billion with Germany
> footing one-third of the bill, have propulsion systems that allow
> them to remain submerged for longer periods of time than the three
> nuclear-capable submarines already in Israel's fleet, the
Jerusalem
> Post reported.

What a load of cr*p- Germany discounts one-third and US ponies up
the rest. Gee, who is egging on this conflict hoping for greater
weapon sales? Hmmmm.... and wasn't Germany in the news just
yesterday saying it rejects the Iran proposal regarding uranium
enrichment? What a stupid, greedy way to make money- I hope both
subs sink to the ocean floor...

Right, we sure wouldn't want Israel to have a means of deterrence now would we? Maybe Israel should disband it's army to show the world  that they are at peace with all their neighbors and leave any terrorism incidences up to policing. Yeah, that's the ticket!