--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Who said anything about a 'negative explaination'. I was talking
> about rationalizing an action that did not work according to plan.
> Plan fails - redifine it to fit the outcome - 'rationalize'. What was
> the conference for? For the mayors, no it was just COSMIC wheel
> spinning... We really didn't intend for it to suceed, ya that's the
> ticket. Again this shows how easyly any action can be rationalized.
>
> JohnY

You make a good point, except when the intent of those around
Maharishi is to gain enlightenment, vs. say, money. Maharishi states
explicity in the Gita that following transcending, the type of action
necessary to stabilize pure consciousness is not important (i.e. it
could be anything). So for the TMO, whether or not a conference is a
bust or not is really not as important as the activity carried out by
them to stabilize pure consciousness.

On the other hand, I personally did not enjoy working for the TMO. On
the other hand, as a means to an end, it was fine.