<snip>
> In this particular case, you seem to have heard and
> chosen to believe a rumor THAT IS NOT EVEN MOVEMENT
> DOGMA. I never heard such a story, and I'd be willing
> to believe that many others here haven't, either.

I can't remember where I heard it first, but it was
some time ago, and I've heard it a number of times
since.  It's been discussed on alt.m.t, for example.
It's certainly movement *mythology* if not movement
*dogma*.  It isn't exactly the sort of thing you'd
want to mention in an intro lecture, after all.

> <snip>
> > When he [MMY] started in Kerala, he was surrounded by
> > orthodox Brahmins, and it seems he easily convinced them.
>
> He convinced you, and all you did was hear a rumor
> that isn't even an established part of the TM teachings. :-)

Says Barry, wilfully missing Michael's point (i.e.,
that orthodox Brahmins would be in a pretty good
position to decide whether MMY was qualified to
teach by orthodox Brahmin standards).

> <snip>
> > If there is anything like 'good' or 'bad' at all. My point is: its
> > always a personal thing. Why bother about the personal decision of
> > others, and try to convince them they were wrong, Barry?
>
> We've gone down this road before. I am NOT trying to
> convince you of anything. That's just how you *interpret*
> hearing ideas other than your own, as if the person who
> has those other ideas is trying to convince you of them.
> They're not. You're just being a paranoid cultist,
> that's all. :-)

Your constant mantra that you're not trying to
convince anybody of anything, Barry, is a crock.
It's an excuse you haul out to get yourself off
the hook when somebody mounts a solid challenge
to whatever you're trying to convince them of.