You're probably right about Barks, but that "translation" of the
Arabic was the first time that the phrase made any sense to me.
Obviously, it resonates with my experience and understanding.   Same
with Bly's "translations" of Kabir; I've been told that they are very
creative translations but they remain my favorite versions.

Thanks for the heads-up.

**