--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gerbal88 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Probably true.  But I'm not interested in either one, so
> > > I wonder where that leaves me? :)  It's not that I'm not
> > > interested in the spiritual experiences (so-called) I'm
> > > just not interested in chattering about it--seems kind
> > > of pointless.
> > >
> > > But others obviously are--so chatter away! :)
> >
> > Indeed, Sal. In fact, one of the distinctions made by
> > some traditions between different two basic "types" of
> > spiritual seekers is that one type is more interested
> > in discussing/studying the experiences of others and
> > and the other type is more interested/only interested
> > in having their own experiences.
> >
> > Within that (artificial) breakdown, I find it interesting
> > what type of experiences themselves different seekers
> > seem to be interested in and attracted to. Some seem to
> > be attracted to the more pragmatic types of experience,
> > and other seem to be more attracted to the more woo-woo,
> > very-possibly-fictional types of experience. I guess
> > it's the same distinction you see in mainstream religion;
> > some Christians feel drawn to Christ because of his
> > attitude towards the poor and the downtrodden, and
> > others can appreciate only the flashy stuff, the walking
> > on water and the miracles.
> >
> > Again, different strokes for different folks...
>

> Thanks to both of you. Since reading Paul's post re Sattyanand and
> Guru Dev's death, I have been thinking that the only point in a
> discussion group with a supposed spiritual bent is to help one
> another "advance" -- to share experiences, methods, teachings. It's
> so easy to get sucked into sectarianism and fundamentalism and closed-
> minded bickering. -- I don't think it matters which/whose tradition
> what comes from; it's all valuable to someone, sometime, somewhere.
>
> The secrecy thing that shrouds TM is such reactionary and petty
> separatism doesn't help anyone. It breeds jealousy, egoism, paranoia
> and a general drag on evolution.
>
> Again, thanks to you (and many others) -- there is still hope.

Such things only matter if you worry about them. I can't even remember how to
say my
mantra out loud without a lot of thought, so its not an issue for me.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: