(snip)

> levitating.
> > >
> > He has? I never heard that.
>

> Oh, yes. He most definitely did.
>
> It was on the "Dick Cavett Show" of the '70s.  He was on with Peter
> McWilliams, Dr. Harold Blumenthal, and one other movement
> person...maybe Charlie Donahue?  Can't remember the third person.
>
> Anyway, it was right after the flying was announced publicly and
> Cavett didn't mince words.  He just straight-out asked him: can you
> levitate.  And Maharishi responded "yes".  Then Cavett asked him to
> show him and Maharishi responded "it's not for me to do but for you
> to do" (this is paraphrased as I am going on memory from almost 30
> years ago).
>
> Does anyone else remember seeing this show and, if so, do you
> remember it like I did?

Yes, I remember seeing that show; and I do remember Cavett asking him
to demonstrate levitating for him;
But I also remember Maharishi avoiding the question,
on whether he could levitate or not;
I remember his response being more of:
I am here to teach, not to levitate myself.
Thinking back as best as I can remember:
(it would be good to get the tape, somewhere)
And Maharishi changed the subject; about levitating then and there-
But Cavett persisted, and Maharishi seemed very annoyed with him.
I remember Cavett even pulled on Maharishi's dohti, which was very
disrespectful, or at least taken that way.
I don't think Maharishi ever appeared on any American Television
Media, since that show..
R.G.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings: