> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I first noticed something odd when even counseling was given
> > a bum rap, and they started to ask questions about if you'd ever
> > had any.  Seemed very personal and none of their business.
>
> On the other hand, the TMO has been criticized
> for not being more careful in its screening
> procedures.  Seems to me requiring one's therapist's
> written permission to learn TM was a sensible
> precaution, a step in the right direction, at least.

I don't think they're talking about learning TM, they're talking about
the change in the culture sometime in the 80s I guess when going to
see a therapist for anything, even marriage counseling, was frowned
upon and was possible grounds for not working full time in the tmo.
Today that attitude has softened somewhat though I'm sure there are
still some on campus who are very careful to keep it private.

Typical reasons that used to be given for that attitude are that
counseling is just analyzing the darkness and doesn't work and that it
implies MMY's program and knowledge is not enough for an individual to
be fulfilled.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional