Don't blame me...I didn't write it, I just chuckled
over it:

Sexual urges of men and women

"I never have quite figured out why the sexual urges
of men and women differ so much. And I never have
figured out the whole Venus and Mars thing. And I
never figured out why men think with their head and
women think with their heart. And I never yet have
figured out how the sexual desire gene gets thrown
into a state of turmoil when it hears the words "I do."

One evening last week, my wife and I were getting into
bed. Well, the passion starts to heat up, and she
eventually says, "I don't feel like it. I just want
you to hold me." I said, "WHAT???"

So she says the words that I and every husband on the
planet dread. She explains that I must not be in tune
with her emotional needs as a woman. I'm thinking,
"What was her first clue?" I finally realize that
nothing was going to happen that night, so I went
to sleep.

The very next day, we went shopping at a big, unnamed
department store. I walked around with her while she
tried on three different, very expensive outfits. She
could not decide which one to take, so I told her to
take all three of them. She then tells me that she
wants matching shoes worth $200.00 a pair to which
I say OK. And then we go to the jewelry department
where she gets a pair of diamond earrings.

Let me tell you. She was so excited. She must have
thought that I was one wave short of a shipwreck,
but I don't think she cared. I think she was testing
me when she asked for a tennis bracelet because she
does not even play tennis. I think I threw her for a
loop when I told her that it was OK. She was almost
sexually excited from all of this, and you should
have seen her face when she said, "I'm ready to go
to the cash register now."

I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out,
"No, honey, I don't feel like buying all this stuff
now." You should have seen her face. It went completely
blank. I then said, "Really, honey, I just want you
to HOLD this stuff for a while."

And just when she had this look like she was going to
kill me, I added, "You must not be in tune with my
financial needs as a man."

I figure that I won't be having sex again until some
time after the Spring of 2008 but godammit it was
worth it."