> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > The path to 9/11 and other myths.
> >
> > All I heard about this is that it is not historically accurate,
> > and historians have asked for it to be pulled, and that it was
> > orchestrated by some right wing shennanigans in Holywood

I don't think any "historians" asked for it to be pulled.
What happened is that some Democrats, terrified that some
misinformation in the film would lose votes for their
candidates in the next election, demanded that it be
pulled. The hilarious part about this is that many of
the same people calling for this film not to be aired
(including our own Judy Stein) are the SAME people who
threw a hissy fit and screamed to high heaven when
Republicans tried to keep Fahrenheit 9/11 from being
aired on public TV before the 2004 election (and for the
exact same reason...they were afraid that film would
lose votes for *their* candidates).

Basically, it's a pretty fascinating study in hypocrisy.
The bottom line for the censor's mindset seems to be
that it's only censorship if the other guys are doing it.
When *we* do it, it's something else, something noble.

Yeah, right.

> My understanding is that it aired wthout commercials?
> Who paid for it?

ABC.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117949477?categoryid=14&cs=1

<*> Your email settings: