In a message dated 9/11/06 2:07:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
But it was the director who said "slam dunk" IN the White House, in front of the President,
Right. Bush asked Tenet if we had a case against Saddam with WMD's and Tenet said don't worry about it, it's a "slam dunk". Yes, there was some disagreement in the CIA community about specific intelligence and what it meant, but the overall accumulated evidence wasn't in question and it also came from other intelligence gathering sources within the US , not counting foreign intelligence services. I think my comment regarding Tenet and the CIA was that Tenet ran a CIA that people have often considered to be a rogue organization at times, or at least rogues within that organization and it's not uncommon for people in that organization to fight and squabble and jockey for position. It's really amazing any president can trust the CIA at all.