Its Official: FFL has Become the Personal ChatRoom for AMTers

Sparaig has delusions of grandeur that he is famous for his "pithy
one-liners". Maybe in Bizzaro World. But here in the real world, he is
famous for endless streams of inane and inconsequential short comments
at the end of many pages of unsnipped posts. He is known, rarely, for
an actual witty one-liner. And known occaisionally for raising some
relevant points in longer posts about Consciousness research -- amid a
lot of longer "noise" posts about his inner conflicts masked as  posts
about Consciousness research.

Shemp joins Sparaig in being highly confused that FFL is their
personal chatroom,  to sling unwitty one-liners, of no interest to
non-compulsives.

Judy and Bary also have this AMT apparent virus, but not as severly as
Sparaig and Shemp.

Chatrooms and IMs are great. Great for fun, stupid, irreverant, inane,
bored, humorous and biting chat through the day among a friend  or
two. I have been a big fan at times. But I try not to confuse FFL as
being such.

FFL welcomes all immigrants from destitute lands such as AMT. However,
there is the expectation that you learn a modest amount about the
culture and language of your new country. That FFL is NOT a personal
chatroom for inane personal manderings is the simplest of cultural
transitions you will need to learn to become respected memebers of
your new land. Its akin to dribbling in public here.

And you can EVEN keep your full stree-fighting, inane one-liner
culture while living in your new land. Just do it in a chat room.
Create one if you need it. Or get each others IM's and chat away on
AOL or Yahoo chat. FFL even has / had a chat room that could be used.
Rick appears to have turned it off -- but i assume could turn it back on.

> If you are among the growing number of people
> who have killfiled them and don't read anything
> they write (over two dozen people have said this
> so far), that means that it takes you 25% less
> time to "catch up" with the traffic on FFL than
> it takes them. There is some justice in that...
>
> :-)

Sparaig:
True.

> > I'll be trying to cut down as a result of know-
> > ing this, but I'll bet if you run the same
> > stats a couple of months from now, you'll find
> > that Sparaig and Stein will have actually
> > *increased* their percentage of the total posts
> > made. That's the funny thing about some addicts;
> > point out their addictions and they get even
> > more addicted to denying that they have them.  :-)

Spraig
> Yep...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional