Check out Dr. Mercola's website re: splenda -- sounds like it's
another chemical product that hasn't been researched thoroughly -- so
people are being guinea pigs again...

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/sucralose_dangers.htm

http://www.mercola.com/2005/jan/8/splenda.htm

(Response to the answer re: making marmalade/organic posts today) --
Stevia is good...Splenda seems very questionable...

Check it out!

> Is the marmalade basically just whole citrus and stevia cooked down to
> the desired consistency?

experimented with
various methods. One is to make citrus peel teas (after juicing the
fruit, and then putting peel in food processor), and then drying the
strained thick pieces of peel. Either in a paper towel, or low heat in
dehydrator.

By then, its pretty "eatable" but has a bit of chewiness, which I
like. Then I add liquifed / distilled stevia. And at times some
Splenda -- the "new" natural/artificial sweetner (its maade from
sugar, has no calories) by some chemical process. Splenda tastes good,
and in looking at research, has no glysemic load. Nor any bad effects
like nutrasweet and other sweetners . >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: