> In a message dated 9/16/06 11:00:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> I heard on the radio yesterday that public support
> for George W. Bush  and the Republican Party is
> trending up, thanks in part to falling  gasoline prices.
> When I heard that, I thought of all those rosy "Age
> of Enlightenment News" reports from the Global
> Country of World Peace,  crediting TM superradiance
> with rising positivity. If those cause-effect
> correlations are valid, Maharishi is contributing to
> the re-election  of Republicans in November's  elections.
>

> So J, are you suggesting that dome numbers decrease so that the
country
> might go to hell in a hand basket and people will take it out on
the Republicans
> in November? This is exactly what Rush has said for years, that the
Democrats
> have set them selves up so that bad news for America is great news
for them
> and  great news for America is bad for them. Perhaps if Democrats
could show
> the  American people how their policies have contributed and been
instrumental
> in bringing gasoline prices down, they could claim some of the
credit, or
> show  how they have worked *with* the administration on counter
terrorism efforts
> to  prevent further attacks  . Instead what so many people see is a
thorn  in
> the side instead of a helping hand, thus they get no  credit.

The Republicans, if you haven't noticed, are in
control.  How the hell can the Democrats' policies
be instrumental in doing *anything* when they can't
get them implemented in Congress?

Gas prices per se are unlikely to be affected by
anything Congress does in any case.

The Democrats *have* proposed one measure after another
to improve national security only to have them voted
down by the Republicans.

The consensus of independent expert opinion is that
Bush's policies have made us *more* vulnerable to
terror, not less.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: