> In a message dated 9/17/06 9:30:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I'm  asking for a name and quote from someone who
> says Iraqis aren't evolved  enough to handle
> democracy. I gather you just made that part  up.
>
> Oh, I've heard easy1 make that comment several times. He may
> or may not have used the term evolved but said they aren't
> "ready" for democracy. "Evolved" should be a clue that it
> wasn't a politician but somebody on the list.

I don't know how you can look at yourself in a
mirror, MDixon.

Here's what you said:

"Unfortunately, there are many who say they aren't evolved enough to
handle democracy and need a Saddam or that we have no business
helping these people get rid of their dictators that steel their
wealth that pours into their nations by the hundreds of billions of
dollars. The same also say it's too costly or lets just do what we
can to get along so we can do business and keep the oil flowing as
cheaply as we can. <No, not everybody wants to keep the third world
nations impoverished and under the thumbs of dictators, just some."

Do you really not find your incredibly feeble copout
above embarrassing?

You were *obviously* referring to politicians.  But
now that you're trying to wiggle out of that and
pretend you were talking about people on this forum,
it turns out there's only *one* person, and you aren't
even sure they used that term.

Moreover, "not ready for" is very different from
"not evolved enough."  One may be entirely
circumstantial--he wasn't ready for the big leagues
(because he hadn't trained long enough)--but that
doesn't mean *inherently* incapable.

"Not ready for democracy" is a statement about the
situation; "not evolved enough for democracy" is an
insult to a nation's people.  They aren't
interchangeable.

You tried to put that insult, which you yourself
made up, in the mouths of liberals.  Shame on you.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: