In a message dated 9/18/06 10:38:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

(snip)
"I'm asking for a name and quote from someone who
> says Iraqis aren't evolved enough to handle
> democracy. I gather you just made that part up."

It's not a question of evolution,
More of a question of having a democracy,
In a culture of Islam.
Islam is based on subjugation of woman.
So right there, no democracy is possible.
And so many other reasons...
Mr.Bush was influenced by a Russian writer-
Natan Sharansky, Soviet human rights activist and Israeli
politician ...
Anyway, this Russian guy, convinced Mr.Bush, that democracy would be
the answer to everything...
Mr.Bush bought this notion, lock, stock and barrel...
The only problem is, it may be compatible with European and other
systems of religion...or belief system.
But Islam does not allow for free debate.
Beheadings are more the style there.
Therefore,,, democracy does not work, and is incompatible with Islam..
R.G.

R.G. I have to agree with how you put. I wasn't referring to people on this list as seeing the Muslims as being somehow less than Human, but exactly as you put it. That  they, as a people, are not ready for Democracy because it is not compatible with their culture. I was referring to Social evolution not biological evolution. And I have to disagree with the premise, that Islamic countries are not ready for Democracy. I think any civilized people are ready for it, but may need more time and help depending on what their previous experiences have been. Iraq would be a particularly hard place to put it to the test since there has been an age old conflict between Sunni, Shi'ia and Kurds and there is so much mistrust between each ethnic group. Where as in other Muslim nations one group or the other is the overwhelming majority and the minorities have learned to get along better. If Democracy could be nurtured in Iraq long enough for each group to feel secure and not threatened by each other, the other Muslim nations would find it a snap should they decide to make the same move.