Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: effortlessness
on 9/20/06 10:18 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting an earlier post from Vaj:

"At Estes Park Maharishi pointed out that there really
was some effort in TM. He quoted the Vedas as saying,
'Be easy to us with gentle effort.'"

Obviously we'd need a great deal more context to
know whether Maharishi was using this quote to
describe TM as involving some effort.  Who is being
addressed in the quote?  It appears to be a request
of some kind, but who is making the request, and
of whom?  And how would one entity making a request
of another entity to "be easy to us" relate to TM?

It related to TM. I was there. I had a feeling that Maharishi was experimenting a bit by bringing up the quote. He only mentioned it in one lecture. __._,_.___