In a message dated 9/19/06 2:03:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

And I have to disagree with the premise, that Islamic
> > countries are not ready for Democracy. I think any
> > civilized people are ready for it, but may need more
> > time and help depending on what their previous
> > experiences have been".
>
> "May need more time and help" = "not ready"

I mean that what they have in Islamic culture, is a Theocracy: A
government based in 'Supreme religious authority'...
Therefore there is no seperation of church and state, which is the
corner-stone of our democracy...
So, in that situation, you either have a King of a Theocracy.
And that is what all of the Arab countries in the middle east have.
Either a king or a dictator.
Simply incompatible...with free thinking, and equal rights. very
fascist really...
R.G.

Needing more time or needing help doesn't mean a country isn't ready for democracy. Democracy has not always come easily to those that enjoy it now.