<snip>
> > Um, no, the Democrats are just as outraged--not
> > because Foley's gay, but because he's a sexual
> > predator, and the Republican leadership knew it.
> > They were more interested in protecting a House
> > seat than in protecting young people from Foley.
> >

> Weeelll... one could suggest that the Dems are more interested in
taking that seat then in
> protecting young people from Foley, but that's just standard
politics (as s the apparent
> coverup by Hastert).

Thing is, the lack of accountability is pervasive
among the Republican Congress on virtually all issues,
and this is just one more instance of it.  I wouldn't
be surprised if Democrats would have also fumphed around
if it had been their seat, given the ick factor, but
they don't have the same history of near-complete lack
of interest in doing any oversight on *anything*.

So, yes, dammit, Democrats are going to make hay of
this because it's symptomatic of a much larger
problem with the Republicans, even though Foleygate
itself isn't the most crucial issue--because it's
simple for folks to grasp, whereas the more important
ones are a lot more complicated and easier for the
Republicans to confuse people about.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: