--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wrote:
>

> > It's the same predisposition that leads people to think they're
so
> > important that the CIA actually has to spend it's time and
energy to
> > spy on them.
>

> IMO, many have not looked at all sides of the CIA thing -- and thus
> draw limited conclusions. My experience in teaching for a year in a
> foreign country was:
>
>     i) many locals thought we may be CIA -- perhaps jokingly,
> speculatively or seriously -- but in talking to good friends I made
> there -- in private, they would confide that we being CIA was a
> specualtive rift in the air -- the buzz in many circles.
>
>      ii) I found out years later (from one of the guys who married
> local girl, and had long-term strong business and social ties in
the
> upper levels of society in that country) that the local
government, a
> dictatorship -- so no pesky human rights issues to get in the way -
-
> did keep detailed files on each of us (foreign TM teachers). Right
> down to quite personal , um dating issues.
>
> It did occur to me over the years -- and recently when watching
that
> excellent Michael Caine film, "The Quiet American" -- that the
groups
> of TMO Americans and Europeans in the 70's who flooded into foreign
> countries world wide, WOULD be an excellent conduit for the CIA. Or
> other foreign intelligence agencies. We had great "cover" to travel
> anywhere in the country, meeting with locals at all levels of
society
> -- academic, religous, military, regional and national govt
> administration, entertainers, businessmen, etc, flying off to
Europe
> at times, lots of international phone calls etc.
>
> While I have no direct knowledge that such agencies did join our
ranks
> (in Associate 108 programs -- and similar), I find it quite
plausible
> that some did.
>
> Or, the CIA might have gotten wind that some other foreign agencies
> were using the TMO A108 program, so they sent some agents to
> infiltrate to see what the other agnecies might be up to.
>
> Or, knowing that the A108's were subject to detailed scrutiny by
local
> gov'ts, they may have seen this as an opportunity to recruit locals
> embedded in the local gov'ts intelligence networks.
>
> So, for a number of reasons, I find it plausible that the CIA or
other
> intelligence agencies were inside the TMO at times. This has
nothing
> to do with delusions of self-importance. To simply laugh this off
as
> delusions of self-importance -- is simplistic and missing quite a
bit
> of the picture.

That an intelligence-gathering arm of a government was gathering
information on an organisation that claimed to levitate and had a
world government that seeked to control the entire world, yes, I,
too, find that plausible.  And it's the job of the CIA to gather
information on any and all foreign-run organisations of this kind
and if they weren't gathering information on the TMO they would be
derelict in their duty.

That any credible intelligence organisation ever thought that MMY or
the TMO were important enough to actually spend more time than just
gathering newsclips and such?  No, I don't find that plausible.

But it's a great story that DOES make delusional people in the TMO
feel that they are important.  Oh, well.  Just as there's no harm in
telling a little boy that his space-blaster that you've just bought
him at Toys-R-Us will kill all the monsters in his closet at night,
I suppose there's no harm in Maharishi and TBers believing that the
TMO has been infiltrated by the CIA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: