> dhamiltony2k5" wrote:
> So, this FFL thread is the best accounting
> the TMorg and Maharishi
> give of what they have done?
> Evidently thin accounting that is not
> transparent.
> It looks pretty bad when they can
> not openly speak to
> it.  Shame on them.

> > mark meredith 2002 wrote:
> > > mark meredith 2002 wrote

> > > mark meredith 2002 wrote
> > > Form 990 for 2004 shows net assets of
> > > only $10.2 million for the
> > > Global Country of World Peace.
> > > $8.5 million for the prior
> > > year.  I
> > > can't find any independent filing entity
> > > related to maharishi
> > > endowment for world peace.
> > > The Global Country seems
> > > to deal solely
> > > with vedic city stuff,
> > >  nothing about India.
> > >
> > > Where exactly are you finding $190
> > > million balance in cash?????
> > > The Global Development Fund is the largest
> > > maharishi entity in the US
> > > with over $200 million in net assets but
> > > that's primarily old money
> > > from the 90s with only $3 million in cash.

> > mark meredith 2002 wrote:
> > Actually I think I may have found it.
> > In 2002, the Maharishi Global
> > Development Fund took in $76 million in donations.
> >  $58 million of
> > that was then transferred out to a variety
> > of offshore accounts in the
> > Channel Islands.
> > The primary offshore account is the Brahmanada
> > Saraswati trust which received a $53 million
> > grant that year.  This same account received
> > $16 million in 2003 and $10 million in 2004 in
> > grants from the MMY Glb. Dev Acc't,
> > which represents the majority of
> > its own donations for those years.
> > So it seems that US donations
> > to the pundits have gone into the Glb.
> > Dev fund for tax purposes but then
> > get transferred out to an offshore account
> > where of course they can't
> > be traced any further.
> > I can't imagine what else that $76 million in
> > donations in 2002 could be connected to.
> > Was that the year the
> > millionaire courses started??

> > Anyway, unless someone can get records from a
> > private offshore account
> > we don't know how the pundit donations have been used.

> > I'm still curious where Bob saw the $190 million in cash?

> > PS -- The biggest expense for the MMY Glb Dev
> > fund in 2002 was $2.7
> > million paid to "Equine 121 Consulting" in Texas.
> > This must be related to that real estate scandal
> > in texas in which the movement
> > paid a bunch of money to some ex-politician
> > to fix some deal which
> > cost the locals a bunch of money --
> > anyone remember those details??

Sir Mark,
Looks like the "tmo" may have hired a consultant to lobby the City
Counsil with regards to the re-zoning issues.

It appears the City wants to re-zone as agricultural land.

And, the "tmo" which failed to develop the 300 acres with a "whirled
peas palace", and tehy await a buyer.
Doesn't look the parcel will sell anytime soon due primarily to the
re-zoning issues, as there isn't a master plan in place now.
See related articles..

THE COLONY – The Maharishi Global Development Fund is asking the
city to delay rezoning about 300 acres that the fund owns along
State Highway 121 so the company can find a buyer.

The city will consider the requested six-month delay next month but
is eager to see the land developed. Officials want to change the
zoning back to its original agricultural designation because no
development has occurred there for several years.

It's part of the city's plan to turn the stretch of Highway 121 into
an entertainment and recreation district by attracting development.
The city has adopted a master plan to realize that vision, and one
of the first steps is to rezone the land accordingly.
http://tinyurl.com/eugpa

 Steve Brown:
Trump buzz probably all talk
He brought big rumors and earned big bucks in Dallas appearance
08:09 AM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006
 .."And don't forget the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's plan to build a 300-
acre heaven on earth in The Colony..."
http://tinyurl.com/jct2y

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional