<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The thing with her husband must be crushingly sad for her.  Since I
> view them as ordinary people, no matter what their subjective
> experience, it is no news flash that powerful dude cheats on gray
> haired wife.  I'm going to make a wild guess that the chick was
> younger, and looked at him in the adoring way that Ganjaji used to,
> before she got all gurued up.  But the letter was perfectly written
> with the right spin.  It shows their sensitivity to feelings. I can't
> imagine the TM movement producing such a letter.

While I am sure what they are doing is all good, when reading the
letter I sort of felt like it was a parody of how a new age group
would deal with a sex scandal. Maybe something on SNL. Or a John
Stewart rift. After wave after wave of stuff they said they were going
to do to help mitigate any damage to students, I expected them to say:

"...and Dr Phil and Oprah will seperately will be on 24/7 call for
personal counseling and griefing for each student, past, present,
future, and those whoe intended to attend a lecture, but didn't get
around to it, plus we are buying condos in Hawaii for all students so
that they can grieve in dignity and uplifting surroundings, and a
hi-def video of Eli thrashing himself with boughs of thorns on a
48-hour purification vigil, plus ....

Possibly, it might be a good thing, if they were more "authentic":

"Eli and Gangaji will make a public statement once Eli gets out of the
hospital from the huge gash on his head from the cut crystal vase
gangaji threw at him, and from the internal bleeding from the
shit-kicking she gave him. For now, they offer the following thoughts:

"Frankly, this is a personal matter between Eli and myselfe. Get a
life people. We are ordinary people. You are ordinary people. Ordinary
middle age people lust after hot chicks and guys in their nubile 20's.
WAKE-UP! Thats the inner truth. Its a fact of life, a fact of the
Universe. Its Real. Get Real. Be Real. What do you expect when on the
road lecturing, or at our centers, when adoring gorgeous fans throw
themselves at you. Its one of the hazards / perks of being a new-age
guru type. I have been tempted -- and have been human enough to act
the feelings, not keeping them bottled up. Eli did the same. Its OUR
business, not yours. If you feel betrayed, do some deep breathing --
it will pass. Wake up to Life. Celebrate Life. We do."

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: