[snip]

> For the record, if I had a doctor who phrased her
> recommendations as "Do this!" I'd be a lot more
> likely to look for a different doctor than if she
> said, "Perhaps it would be best if..."  I prefer being
> treated like an adult.

You're quite correct.

If you've ever listened to the audio tapes of Jim Jones at Jonestown
during the mass suicide you'll notice that Jones sounds rationale
and calm and his choice of words were designed to appeal directly to
the "adult" in the over 900 people that he convinced to drink the
kool-aid.

He specifically addresses them as "adults" consistantly and
constantly.

Check out the "suicide tape transcript" of the Jonestown massacre
and do a word search on "adult" and you'll see how very right Judy
is:

http://employees.oneonta.edu/downinll/mass_suicide.htm

[snip]

<*> Your email settings: