--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wmurphy77 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OM..purnam adah, purnam idam, (inner and outer fullness). In the
book
> Love and God, (page 5) MMY relates that  Guru Dev is in the highest
> Sahaja-samadhi. This IS the God Consciousness referred to by MMY.
>
> When your *Samadhi* experience *embodies* the fullness of the
> relative... Eureka, you have reached the fulfillment of the first
> glimpse of transcendental pure consciousness  or Savikalpa Samadhi
> (temporay Samadhi,Gita CHIV vs42).
>
> It is important to note that 'God Consciousness' referred to by
MMY in
> his Bhagavad Gita is NOT a 'higher' state of consciousness but the
> *fulfillment* of Cosmic Consciousness!! The operative word here
being
> *fulfillment*!
>
> I, personally have always been confused about this sequential
> development, confusing GC with a state above CC which is a
mistake, it
> is merely the fulfillment of CC! The highest state of
consciousness a
> Yogi can obtain is Cosmic Consciousness! Purnam adah, purnam idam!
JGD

> P.S Though there are states beyond CC, MMY does not speak of them,
per
> se!.........he perhaps refers to them in the catch all phrase
*Unity*.

What you are saying certainly makes sense with regard to Maharishi's
use of the term Cosmic Consciousness in the Gita as the supreme
state of consciousness. Perhaps because CC is the highest achievable
state by the Jivan-mukta alone, the individuated consciousness.

However, as you note, it ripens into GC, or seen another way,
integrates fully with all relative existence as seen from the CC
perspective, becoming GC.

Then as the fullness deepens once again, its relative component is
seen to be multiple GCs so to speak, which could be called UC, or a
ripening or fulfillment of GC. This then is no longer dependent on
the Jivan-mukta, or seen another way, the Jivan-mukta is redefined
as being larger than it was before- sort of infinity becoming more
infinite.

So each higher state of consciousness is the fulfillment of the
prior one.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: